- The Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) Education and Heritage Centre is located in the original Perth Central Fire Station.
- The building was commissioned under the authority of the Western Australian Fire Brigades Act of 1899 and was the first purpose built fire station in Western Australia.
- It was opened in 1901 and continued in operation until 1979.
- This building of historical diversity boasts a Federation Romanesque
architectural style, it was registered on the Western Australian State
Register of Heritage Places in 1989.
- DFES’s Education and Heritage Centre is open from 10am to 4:00pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and admission is free.
- The Education and Heritage Centre is situated on the corner of Murray and Irwin Streets, Perth, near Royal Perth Hospital.